Division Structural Chemistry
Slogan: "From Structure to Materials"
The Division of Structural Chemistry is engaged in structure determination and crystal chemistry of inorganic materials, with a wide range of applications, like ferroelectricity, non-linear optics or luminescence. Moreover, the division performs structure analysis by single crystal diffraction and phase analysis by powder diffraction for other groups in collaboration with the X-ray Centre of the Vienna University of Technology.
Main Research Topics
- Luminescent substances
- Crystal chemistry
- Theoretical crystallography
- Incommensurately modulated structures
- Solid state chemistry (head: Frank Kubel)
- Experimental solid state chemistry (head: Matthias Weil)
- Powder diffraction (head: Erich Halwax)
Practical Courses, Bachelor and Master Theses
Supervision of practical courses, bachelor and master theses are available at any time. For details see personal homepages of the research group leaders.