Division Instrumental Analytical Chemistry
Slogan: "From Elemental Analysis to supramolecular Bioanalysis"
The research groups within this division work on systematic development and application of mass-spectrometry for the analysis of large (bio-)molecules like proteins and polymers. Surfaces and thin films are characterized by those methods, e.g. in electronic devices. By means of AFM, singular atoms and molecules can be detected and analysed on surfaces. Methods for the separation and the confirmation of incompatible environmental compounds are developed in the field of element-, and trace analysis.
Main Research Topics
- Characterization of nanoparticles of inorganic and organic nature
- Elemental analysis
- Fundamentals in mass spectrometric desorption/ionization techniques
- Mass spectrometry and instrument development
- Molecular organic analysis
- Lab-on-the-chip systems
- Proteomics and biopolymer analysis
- Supramolecular bioanalysis