Research Group: Chemical Vapour Deposition
(during the last 30 years)
- CVD coatings TiC, TiN, Ti(C,N), corundum, WC, TaC, SiC, ...
- Superhard materials (diamond and c-BN)
- Decomposition of Boron-Nitrogen-compounds and formation of BCN layers
- Deposition of fine grained WC powders using CVD
- Growth of carbon nanotubes (CNTs)
Other research topics
- Failure analysis of various materials.
Metallographic investigations and materials characterization (in cooperation with Susanne Strobl).
- Archaeometallurgy. In cooperation with archaeologists historical artefacts are analysed and historical manufacturing processes were reconstructed.
Please ask Roland Haubner if interested.